Passes are all SOLD OUT!!
Spot-registrations subject to seat availability.
LAIKA Studio’s Steve Emerson – Co-VFX Supervisor on The Boxtrolls, is flying down all the way from Portland, Oregon to Mumbai to present:
“The fusion of stop-motion and CG in the upcoming film The Boxtrolls and the challenges faced when integrating new technologies into LAIKA’s hand-crafted, stop-motion worlds.”
Date: 11th October 2014
Time: 11 am to 5 pm
Venue: Pelicula Auditorium, Whistling Woods International, Filmcity, Goregaon East, Mumbai
The presentation will include:
- An introduction to LAIKA and stop-motion animation.
- Rapid Prototyping/3D Printing: The challenges of implementing LAIKA’s groundbreaking facial animation techniques.
- Digital Crowds and Set Extensions: How inter-departmental collaboration and attention to detail enables the expansion of LAIKA’s worlds.
- Visual Effects for Stop-Motion: Why creating effects for stylized, hand-crafted worlds is a tricky endeavor.
- Trailers, shot breakdowns and behind-the-scenes footage from LAIKA’s latest feature The Boxtrolls.
Terms & Conditions:
- Limited Seats, All Entry on First Come Basis.
- Gates Close 30 mins before session starts. No entry for late arrivals.
- Rights of Admission Reserved.
- Student ID / TASI Membership Card (if issued) is mandatory.
- In case you have not collected your TASI member card, please carry proof of payment (receipt / bank deposit slip).
- TASI reserves the right to re-schedule, cancel or modify the program without prior notice.
About The Boxtrolls (In Theaters September 2014):
LAIKA’s third film is The Boxtrolls, based on Alan Snow’s bestselling novel Here Be Monsters. Introducing audiences to a new breed of family – The Boxtrolls, a community of quirky, mischievous creatures who have lovingly raised an orphaned human boy named Eggs (voiced by Isaac Hempstead-Wright) in the amazing cavernous home they’ve built beneath the streets of Cheesebridge. When the town’s villain, Archibald Snatcher (Academy Award® winner Ben Kingsley), comes up with a plot to get rid of the Boxtrolls, Eggs decides to venture above ground, “into the light,” where he meets and teams up with fabulously feisty Winnie (Elle Fanning). Together, these soft-boiled detectives uncover the hidden connections in Eggs’ past and devise a daring plan to save his unique family.
About ParaNorman (2012):
A misunderstood boy who can speak with the dead takes on ghosts, zombies and, worst of all, grown-ups, in order to save his town from a centuries-old curse.
About Coraline (2009):
Coraline was the first stop-motion feature to be conceived and photographed in stereoscopic 3D. Written and directed by Henry Selick (The Nightmare Before Christmas, James and the Giant Peach), Coraline is based on a novel by Neil Gaiman.
LAIKA is an animation studio that produces award-winning films. Travis Knight serves as President and CEO of the Oregon-based company, which is owned by Nike co-founder and Chairman Philip H. Knight. LAIKA has produced two Oscar-nominated features: Coraline (2009) and ParaNorman (2012) as well as the CG short Moongirl (2005). LAIKA’s next animated feature, The Boxtrolls, will premiere in theaters on September 26, 2014. For more information: www.laika.com.