1. Return of the Jungle – Vaibhav Studios
2. Character Design – Vaibhav More Films
3. Career options in Animation, Gaming, VFX & New Media – Ranjit ‘Tony’ Singh
Speakers: Team TASI (Vaibhav Kumaresh, Ranjit ‘Tony’ Singh, Vaibhav More)
Date & Time: 19th January, 2019 – 10am to 5pm
Venue: SAGE University Auditorium, Indore
Additional attraction: A trailer presentation and launch of Goopi Gayan Baga Bajayein by Narayan Parasuram
Bumper Dhamaka in Indore
(1) The Return of the Jungle – Test screening of a work in progress animated Hindi feature film by Vaibhav Studios, followed by a sneak peek behind the scenes.
(2) Character Design – A live demo from sketch to final 3D model by Vaibhav More and Rohan Bhalerao using open source Blender
(3) Career options in Animation – with Ranjit Tony Singh. Introduction to various career opportunities beyond media and entertainment that are related to the animation industry.
DATE: 19th January, 2019
TIME: 10 am to 5 pm
VENUE: SAGE University Auditorium, Bypass Road, Kailod Kartal, Indore
Disclaimer: TASI reserves the right to cancel, modify, reschedule events and speakers without prior notice. Decision of the Managing Committee will be final and binding on all.
(Event registration fee is non-refundable.) Entry FREE for TASI members.
Limited seats on first come basis. Registration fee does not include refreshments. Students please carry a valid student ID.
For Other Membership Plans – Click here
For queries and bulk registration (of more than 40 people), write to firstname.lastname@example.org
TASI membership benefits:
- FREE entry to Anifest India during the validity of your membership
- FREE / SUBSIDISED access to all sessions/workshops conducted by TASI across India & discounted rates for select workshops during the validity of your membership. For details on our events, check out Past Events and Join TASI.
- Membership fee does not include refreshments at events.
– Behind the Scenes of the award winning Nickelodeon stop motion animation idents – with Vaibhav Kumaresh
– The Art of Caricature and Structural Drawing – by Vishal Wadaye
– Open Mike Sessions with Industry Experts
– Introduction to Animation with Light – with Ranjit Singh and Vaibhav Kumaresh
DATE: 15th December, 2018
TIME: 10am to 5pm
VENUE: Assembly Hall, Azam Campus, Camp, Pune
A full day of education from the masters of their craft. Starting off with Vaibhav Kumaresh showcasing a detailed behind the scenes of making of the stop motion idents for Nickelodeon. He showed various styles of work including puppet and cutout animation including custom rigs and camera setups that were used to create these lovely channel idents. Followed by a live demo by expert Vishal Wadaye who started from very basic shapes and took the audience thru a mesmerising 90 mins of his control and wizardry. The post lunch session began with a light animation demonstration by Ranjit Singh and Vaibhav Kumaresh where they created a short animation sequence using a torchlight to paint individual frames of the film. This was followed by a detailed explanation by Ranjit of the types of torches, leds, tips and tricks to create custom light brushes and color filters that can be used in this technique. The finished film was screened such to the delight of the audience with repeated chants for ‘once more!!’.
A light animation demo created live on stage with members from the audience
The industry connect session at the end of the day was really informative. 2 local studios – Philm cgi and Phoebus among the many who were invited joined us on stage. They shared their views on the state of the industry and the current shortage of skilled artists. Extending an open invite to visit their studios, both stressed on the need for students to start engaging early with the industry to really understand the needs of the job market and take corrective action in their education / projects as early as possible.
Thank you Pune for your response and support. It was good to be back.