The Animation Society of India
in association with the
Australian Consulate General, Mumbai
One of Australia’s best animated minds, Darcy Prendergast will talk about his journey in animation, starting with his early days before he even knew what he was doing and then as his work improved over time. He will show his portfolio and share his experiences – the decisions, risks and jumps that he has taken along the way. This will be followed by a Q&A session.
Darcy Prendergast is the director and founder of OH YEAH WOW, his projects have seen him tour both on home soil and internationally, to some of the biggest animation festivals and forums in the world- such as Annecy and Stuttgart. He was a lead sculptor/ assistant animator on Adam Elliot’s “Mary and Max” and has directed countless award winning music videos, commercials and shorts, one of which was shortlisted for the Guggenheim in 2010. He has lectured at RMIT and NYU in Stop Motion Animation Techniques and has a clay animated kids series, titled ‘The Critter Litter” in development with Nickelodeon under his ‘Oh Yeah Wow’ banner.
Date: 15th October 2011
Time: 1 pm to 6 pm
Venue: Whistling Woods International, Film City, Goregaon (East), Mumbai
– FREE entry for all Members (Entry on valid Membership Card only)
– Non-members can register and collect a Day Pass (temporary membership)
Day Pass: For Students – Rs.100/- and For Professionals – Rs.200/-
Spot registration subject to seat availability.
Terms & Conditions:
1. Limited Seats, All Entry on First Come Basis.
2. Gates Close 30 mins before session starts. No entry for late arrivals.
3. Rights of Admission Reserved.
4. Student ID / TASI Membership Card (if issued) is mandatory.
5. In case you have not collected your TASI member card, please carry proof of payment (receipt / bank deposit slip).
6. TASI reserves the right to re-schedule, cancel or modify the program without prior notice.