Proposed session lineup for Anifest India 2019. Nov 9-10, Jai Hind College Auditorium at Churchgate, Mumbai, India.
Please note: Programme / speakers / day allocations are subject to change at the discretion of the Society.
Saturday Nov 9 – 2019 (10:00 am – 8:35 pm)
||Spiderman – Into the Spiderverse
Behind the scenes with a Senior TD
Sony Pictures Imageworks
||KITE – Short Film Premiere
Sydney – Australia
||TVCA – Student Films Screening & Voting
||Sketching on location – an introduction
||Short Films Premiere & meet the Directors Wade / Beyond Borders / Mother / Watchmaker: At Time’s End
||Ghost Animation Collective
Sunday Nov 10 – 2019 (10:00 am – 8:30 pm)
||Iranian Independent Animation showcase
||Moin Samadi & Mehdi Alibeygi
Tehran – Iran
||TASI Volunteer felicitation
||Ragaas in Art
||TVCA – Commissioned Films Screening & Voting
||Bhimsain Emerging Talent Awards
||TVCA – Independent Professional Films Screening & Voting
||TASI Viewer’s Choice Awards Ceremony
||2.0 Behind the Scenes VFx
Note: Membership Fee DOES NOT include cost of food/snacks at TASI events. Water bottles and food items are NOT allowed inside the auditorium. Bags will be checked at the entry, please help the volunteers for your own convenience.
Rights of admission reserved, carry your ID and proof of membership on person at all times.
A BIG Thank you to all supporters for their generous contributions for the festival.
Your support enables the community to grow.
(1) VFX and Animation Behind the scenes – A detailed case study on the recent Dr. Fixit TV commercials (including the one featuring Amitabh Bachchan) by Vaibhav More Films
(2) Character Design – A live demo and introduction to the entire creative process right from conceptualization in 2D to 3D model making by Vaibhav More and Rohan Bhalerao
(3) Open Mic Session – audience interaction and Q&A with industry veterans.
DATE: 10th August, 2019
TIME: 10 am to 5 pm
VENUE: Indian Medical Association, Tilak Road, Pune
ANNOUNCING TVCA 2019
Send your short animated films to India’s premiere animation awards. All entries received are previewed by a panel of eminent industry professionals at a special screening where the jury shortlists films for the final competition.
The shortlisted films are screened at the festival for voting by the audience. Votes are counted on the spot and the entry receiving the most votes is declared the winner for that category.
In case of a tie, one winner per category will be decided by members of TASI’s Managing Committee.
|Student short films
||Animation films produced / directed by students
|Independent Professional short films
||Animation short films self-produced & directed by professionals
||Animated ad films, promos, packaging, music videos, public service films – paid for by others
Maximum duration of films: 10 mins
(Films of longer duration will not be considered for the competition)
OFFLINE Format: DVD (.VOB format) or DATA File [(1920×1080) or (720p)]
Courier Address: As per updated submission form
ONLINE Format: .MOV / .AVI / .MPEG / .MP4
(1920×1080 or 720p – H.264 compression)
- Upload your file to any online storage facility
- Send us the DOWNLOAD LINK at: tasionline1 (at) gmail (dot) com
- Subject line of email: TVCA19-<category code> , e.g TVCA19-C
Process for ONLINE submission: (Please read carefully)
1. Download the submission form – link below
2. Fill in all the details on the form
3. Upload a scanned copy (min 150 dpi res) of the completed submission form along with your film.
4. Ensure the Name of the film on the submission form is identical to the filename of film that is being uploaded, e.g if Name of the Film on the submission form is “Cotton Fields“, then ensure that the uploaded file name is “Cotton Fields.mov”
5. Upload your form with the filename TVCA_Form_Cotton Fields.pdf / jpg
6. Please provide a download link to your film & submission form. Films that cannot be downloaded along with their respective forms, will not be included in the competition.
Last Date for entries: Sept 30th, 2019
Submission Fee: Free
Validity of Films: Only films made after Aug 1, 2018 are eligible
Rules and Regulations:
• Each film MUST be accompanied by its respective entry form duly filled. Entries with incomplete forms will be immediately disqualified. Download form here.
• Films sent as entries will be added to the TASI archives.
• TASI reserves the right to use any/all of the entries for its promotional activities.
• Students have to provide a letter from their institute certifying validity of film(s) for student category.
• TASI reserves the right to accept/reject entries at its discretion.
• The Viewer’s Choice Award consists of 1 single trophy per category.
• In case of a tie, one winner per category will be decided by members of TASI managing committee.
• Each physical entry to be submitted on a separate DVD.
• Each online entry to be submitted as a separate file.
• Submission can be under any 1 category only.
• Entry must be a standalone film, clip or sequence. Campaigns and episodic series will NOT be considered.
• In case of episodic series, each episode may be submitted as a standalone entry.
• The prizes have to be collected from TASI by the winners within 30 days from Anifest India 2019, failing which TASI reserves the right to award the winnings to the next best film. All applicable taxes, levies, transportation and other costs to be borne by the respective awardees.
• Decision of the Society regarding any/all of the above will be final and binding on all parties without prejudice
If you wish to also apply for consideration to the BET award:
- Please follow this link for ADDITIONAL criteria.
Send your queries to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Venue: Jai Hind College, Churchgate, Mumbai
Nov 9-10, 2019
BLOCK YOUR DATES – Anifest India – The oldest / largest and most loved animation festival of the subcontinent is back. This year The Animation Society of India celebrates the 15th edition of the festival and everyone’s invited for this unique experience where specially curated content is presented by international experts! NO marketing, NO Sales, NO business, NO Projections…. just pure learning through sharing. Come and be part of this great community initiative.
SESSIONS LINEUP – click here
TVCA – TASI VIEWERS CHOICE AWARDS
Another edition of the much loved TVCA is back.
A call for entries will be announced shortly.
BET – Bhimsain Emerging Talent Award
Continuing with our new addition towards promoting and recognising emerging talent. The 2nd edition of the Annual BET (Bhimsain Emerging Talent) Award that carries a cash prize is here as well. For more details on the TVCA as well as BET click here.
Anifest India 2019 Registrations – coming soon