Here is the line up of the Sessions planned for Anifest India 2011
|DAY 1 – AUGUST 25 – THURSDAY|
|Welcome Address||9:15 am to 9:50 am|
|VFX Case Studies: The Making of X-Men – First Class and Hop
with Debaprasad Bhowmik (Animation Team Lead) and Sean Fernandes (Camera tracking & Matchmove Team Lead) from Rhythm & Hues
|10:00 am to 12:00 noon|
|Alternate Careers in Animation 1: Automotive Design
with Ajay Saran Sharma from TATA Motors Design
|12:10 pm to 1:40 pm|
|LUNCH||1:50 pm to 2:50 pm|
|Designing and directing a feature production – The Making of Tripura
with Chetan Sharma from Animagic Studio
|3:00 pm to 5:00 pm|
|TEA||5:10 pm to 5:40 pm|
|*SPECIAL SCREENING* of Academy Award Winning Short Film – “The Lost Thing”||5:50 pm to 6:05 pm|
|TVCA Screening & Voting (Student Films)||6:15 pm to 8:15 pm|
|Day 2 Introduction||8:25 pm to 8:30 pm|
|DAY 2 – AUGUST 26 – FRIDAY|
|Roll No. 21 – Making of an Episodic Series
with the Cartoon Network team
|9:30 am to 11:30 am|
|TVCA Screening & Voting (Professional Independent Films)||11:40 am to 12:20 pm|
|Screening of Films selected by Jury for Special Mention||12:30 pm to 1:15 pm|
|LUNCH||1:25 pm to 2:25 pm|
|Health Care for Animators
with Dr. Pinakin Shah
|2:35 pm to 3:35 pm|
|Comic Art & Illustration – An Artist’s Journey
with Saumin Patel
|3:45 pm to 5:15 pm|
|TEA||5:25 pm to 5:55 pm|
|Copyright & Intellectual Property (IP): Creation -> Protection -> Monetisation
with Rajiv Chilaka from Green Gold Animation and Gowree Gokhale from Nishith Desai & Co.
|6:05 pm to 8:05 pm|
|Day 3 Introduction||8:15 pm to 8:20 pm|
|DAY 3 – AUGUST 27 – SATURDAY|
|The New Dimension: Converting 3D to 3D Stereoscopic
with Anand Bhanushali of Krayon Pictures
|9:30 am to 11:00 am|
|Sound Advice – An Introduction to Sound Design Principles for Animation
with Dhiman Sengupta
|11:10 am to 1:10 pm|
|LUNCH||1:20 pm to 2:20 pm|
|TVCA Screening & Voting (Commissioned Films)||2:30 pm to 3:00 pm|
|Alternate Careers in Animation 2: Medical Animation
with Girish Khera of Scientific Animations
|3:10 pm to 4:40 pm|
|TEA||4:50 pm to 5:20 pm|
|Panel Discussion: The Small Studio
with Studio Eeksaurus (E. Suresh), Animagic Studios (Chetan Sharma), Charuvi Design Labs (Charuvi Agarwal), Tripwire Vision/BFX CGI (Ambar Nair), Firefly Creative Studio (Phani Eggone) and Vaibhav Studios (Vaibhav Kumaresh)
|5:30 pm to 7:30 pm|
|Vote of Thanks and Volunteer Felicitation||7:40 pm to 8:00 pm|
|TASI VIEWER’S CHOICE AWARDS CEREMONY||8:10 pm to 8:40 pm|
* Disclaimer: Sessions are subject to availability of the speakers. TASI reserves the right to change/cancel a session. The website will be updated accordingly.
PLEASE NOTE: Advance registrations for Anifest India 2011 have now been closed.
For TASI Members:
- Please check your membership status here and ensure that it is valid till 27th August 2011.
- If you are a TASI member whose membership has expired, kindly renew your membership at the earliest by contacting us.
- Please remember to carry your TASI Membership Card with you and also a valid ID card ( student ID card if you are a student).
- You can spot register for Anifest India 2011 on 25th/26th/27th Aug by arriving at the venue an hour before the start of the event.
- SPOT REGISTRATION for Students is Rs.300/- and for Professionals @ Rs.600/-
- Students are requested to please carry their IDs to avail of student registration/memberships.
- The pass must be kept safely till the event. In case you misplace it, we will not issue a duplicate pass.
- If you have an Anifest India 2011 special invite/pass, you can upgrade to a membership by paying the difference at the event itself.
- Seats are subject to availability and on first come first served basis. Please be there on time
For more information on registrations / memberships / renewals, please contact RAVISH on (+91) 93209 54118.
TVCA SUBMISSIONS CLOSED!
Please do not ask us to individually confirm the entries we have received. If your courier company says it has been delivered, then it HAS been delivered and we HAVE received it. We get too many entries for us to be able to inform each person individually, so please bear with us. Thank you!
Anifest India 2011 is fast approaching and TASI is inviting you’ll to send in your films for the TASI Viewer’s Choice Awards. (See last year’s winners)
All entries received are previewed by a panel of eminent industry professionals at a special screening where the jury shortlists films for the final competition.
The shortlisted films are screened at the festival for voting by the audience. Votes are counted on the spot and the entry receiving the most votes is declared the winner for that category.
In case of a tie, one winner per category will be decided by members of TASI managing committee.
1. Student films: Animation films produced / directed by students
2. Independent Professional short films: Animation short films produced / directed by professionals
3. Commissioned films: Animated ad films, promos, packaging, music videos, public service films
4. Teachers films: Animation films made by teachers
Maximum duration of films: 10 mins (Films of longer duration will not be considered for the competition)
Format: DVD (.VOB format)
Last Date for entries: SUBMISSIONS CLOSED.
Submission Fee: Free
Validity of Films: Only films made after August 2010 will be eligible
Send your entries to:
The Animation Society of India
C/o Vaibhav Studios
Address: 103, 104, Birchwood, Raheja Willows (After Mahindra gate #4), Akurli Road, Kandivli (East), Mumbai – 400101
Tel.: (022) 32003606
Timing: If delivering personally, then please call beforehand and come strictly between 11 am to 6 pm only
Rules and Regulations:
• Each film MUST be accompanied by its respective entry form duly filled. Entries with incomplete forms will be immediately disqualified.
• Films sent as entries will be added to the TASI archives.
• TASI reserves the right to use any/all of the entries for its promotional activities.
• Students have to provide a letter from their institute certifying validity of film(s) for student category.
• TASI reserves the right to accept/reject entries at its discretion.
• The Viewer’s Choice Award consists of one single trophy per category.
• In case of a tie, one winner per category will be decided by members of TASI managing committee.
• Each entry to be submitted on a separate DVD.
• Entry must be a standalone film, clip or sequence. Campaigns and episodic series will NOT be considered.
• In case of episodic series, each episode may be submitted as a standalone entry.
• For the Teacher Category: Only those films made excusively by teachers / trainers will qualify for the ‘Films by Teachers / Trainers’ category. No part of the visuals may be created / assisted by any person(s) who is not a practicing teacher / trainer.
• The prizes have to be collected from TASI by the winners within 30 days from Anifest India 2011, failing which TASI reserves the right to award the winnings to the next best film. All applicable taxes, levies, transportation and other costs to be borne by the respective awardees.
• Decision of the society regarding any/all of the above will be final and binding on all parties without prejudice
Send your queries to: firstname.lastname@example.org