On 16th February 2013, Nagpur was host to a hands-on workshop in Model Animation with the Vaibhav Studios team, where the process of stop motion/puppet/clay animation was demonstrated live. This included techniques like displacement as well as replacement animation. Stop motion professional artists guided the participants to create their own wire frame armatures for stop motion. All the material for the workshop was provided by TASI.
The workshop demonstrated the following:
1. Stop motion film screenings: puppets, clay, different materials, pixillation
2. Replacement/ displacement animation techniques
3. Translating a 2d character design into an armature diagram
4. Live demonstration of the process of making armatures
5. Tips and suggestions on materials
6. Action analysis
7. Shoot set up
8. Live demonstration of the stop motion animation shoot
9. Playback of the action and review
10. Exhibition of participants’ armatures
The response was fantastic and now artists and aspiring animators from Nagpur and nearby towns are eager for more such workshops.