In loving memory of late Shri Bhimsain Khurana, his family, in association with TASI, has formally instituted an award in the name of this Indian animation pioneer. Aptly christened as the BET (Bhimsain Emerging Talent) award, from 2018 onwards it will be presented every year to a young and upcoming artist.
BET Award Criteria:
- Open only to Indian Nationals resident in India as on date of submission.
- Age as on Aug 1, 2018 equal to or less than 25 years.
- Apart from relative skills and proficiency, preference shall be given to good storytellers who have a holistic understanding of the entire filmmaking process and not just specialisation in any one or a few aspects.
- The candidate shall have ambition, vision and a roadmap for the Indian animation industry as a whole.
- Preference shall be given to candidates who display proactive engagement in community development initiatives.
- The objective of this award is to promote emerging talent to be the torch bearers for the Indian Animation Industry in the near future.
BET Award Submission Guidelines: (Please follow TVCA submission guidelines)
- Clearly mark the box [Consider for BET] in the TVCA submission form with your film.
- For online submissions, mention BET in the subject line of your message to info (at) climbmedia (dot) com
- Candidates who submit films for consideration of this award shall have to ALSO submit the following:
- A note not exceeding 250 words, in your own words describing why you should be considered for this award, including your vision/roadmap for the future development of the Indian Animation Industry.
- You may submit a short video (max 1 min duration) in lieu of the note above.
- Your proof of age – self attested copy – any 1 of the following:
- Aadhar card
- College ID
- PAN card
- You proof of residence in India – self attested copy – any 1 of the following:
- Aadhar Card
- Ration Card
- The award consists of a CASH prize that shall be awarded directly by the Khurana family. The amount shall be a minimum of Rs. 1 Lakh only. More details shall be announced here as and when decided by the family.
- TASI has no financial interest / responsibility in this award.
- Concerns regarding issue of award amount(s) and all queries for clarification to be directed to the office of Climb Media at 287, Surbala, 1st floor, S.V. Road, Bandra (west), Mumbai, Maharashtra 400050 or online at info(at)climbmedia(dot)com
- The award shall be judged by a jury of eminent film makers, members of the Khurana family and representatives of TASI.
- Candidate, who at any time is found soliciting or having solicited favourable judgement from any member of the jury panel shall be disqualified and barred from future submissions. Any amount awarded to such candidate shall be returnable within 7 days from the date of written intimation of disqualification to the candidate. ARBITRATION/DISCUSSION shall be NOT be entertained in case of disqualification for any reason whatsoever.
- The decision of the jury shall be final and binding on all. NO EXPLANATION MAY BE GIVEN BY / SOUGHT FROM the jury as regards their decision.